Check your School Loop, Naviance and the Counseling Monthly Calendar REGULARLY to monitor your academic progress. receive important information and check on the counseling upcoming events.
- By the end of year Junior year, you should have earned 180 credits.
- Make sure to FIX all grades below a "C" by the end of this school year if possible. Remember that colleges will only take grades of a "C" or better for the a-g requirements. "D" grade = Deal Breaker!
- Work on the Resume builder in Naviance by updating all your extra-curricular activities, volunteer work, sports, clubs, awards, work experience, etc. (The Resume in Naviance is a requirement if you are applying to Private Colleges/Universities).
- Make sure to post all colleges that you are thinking about applying to in the "Colleges I'm Thinking About" section in Naviance.
- Take the PSAT in October 19, 2016 as it is the only year you can qualify for National Merit Scholars Program.
- Take either the SAT College Entrance Exam or the ACT plus writing
at least ONE time before the end of the year. Students who are applying to competitive programs or private colleges will also want to take at least (2) SAT subject area tests as well.
- If you are struggling in any of yours classes, make sure to attend tutoring and work closely with your teachers to find strategies that will help you improve your grades. Also get help during the advisory/tutorial period. Think about it....Do you want to repeat a class again?